Thursday, April 19, 2012

Lesson Plan Reflection

 I had done lesson plans in the past and I found them very easy and fast to do, but I felt that this particular lesson was the hardest and most time consuming one that I have ever done.  I thought it was perfect, so I decided to email it ahead of time to prof. Luongo for some feedback. Prof. Luongo replied really fast to my email and to my surprise I had to change almost every thing on my lesson plan. I am glad I was able to fix all my mistakes before handing in my lesson plan. My behavior plan was to keep the class busy at all times, so the students would not have time to misbehave. It worked really well because the lesson went very smooth.

My objectives were as following:
  1. Students will be able to read about “Spanish Cuisine” and use KWLH chart.
  2. Students will be able to order food in Spanish.
  3. Students will be able to choose their desired food from the menu.
  4. Students will be able to ask and respond to questions about their order with the waitress.
 The assessment measures of my lesson were formative and summative. The formative assessment was done by walking around the room and making sure that every student was working on the assignment. The summative assessment was done by having students role play ordering food in a restaurant. My lesson was executed as I wrote. I used index cards to help me not to forget anything. The most important thing that I tried to teach to my students was the cultural part of the lesson, which was about courtesy manners in a Spanish restaurant. I think it went well because I had a student read an article out loud and then each student complete a KLWH chart. I learned from my students that a teacher needs to be well prepared to be able to answer any question that the students might have. From my lesson I would have done different the “do know” I would have a question relate to the lesson to catch the students attention as soon as they walk into the classroom. To do my lesson more effective I would hand out a restaurant menu to the students, so they get more familiar with the menu before role-playing ordering food. I think I need to improve my power point presentation, since it felt short.  

9 comments:

  1. Leydy,

    Thank you for reflecting on this lesson. I thought it was a excellent one. You should be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your classroom was run very well i thought! you have a natural teachers presence up there. Having the lunch with a waiter was a creative activity that brought relevence to learning a new language. I really enjoyed it, good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My French teacher in high school also did the restaurant scene idea. I think it is really engaging and it is something that the students will always remember. Great job, Leydy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leydy, I loved and enjoyed your lesson very much. You had everyone's attention. It was a lesson that was captivating and I know that if I did not already know Spanish I would have learned a lot. Your information was very useful. Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought that your lesson was great. Finding different ways to make your lessons fun and educational can be hard but you accomplished it. I was engaged throughout you whole lesson and I really enjoyed sitting at the table and ordering food. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leydy! You did a great job!! Your ideas were great and you had the best lesson. You were confident and knew your stuff and I thought you helped all of us by by being one of the first ones to present there lesson. I know you're going to be a great teacher one day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leydey,

    I loved your lesson! The topic of ordering food in Spanish was a great idea. I also loved how you had the table set up in the front of the classroom for the activity! It really was fun pretending to actually order food from a Spanish restaurant! You have a great attitude toward the students and will be a great teacher! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed this lesson. It was very interactive and most importantly I learned something new. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent work! You planned accordingly and the activity was such a great idea! Again Excellent work! :)

    ReplyDelete